|Circulation||155,085 (for the second half of 2013)|
History and profile
For many years, Wirtschaftswoche was published weekly on Thursdays, but since March 2006, this has been changed to Mondays. The editorial office is in Düsseldorf. The publisher is Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt which also publishes Handelsblatt.
The magazine provides business- and economy-related news. Its target audience is managers and business people. In November 2014 Miriam Meckel was appointed editor-in-chief of the weekly. Under the leadership of Miriam Meckel, WirtschaftsWoche has gone through a major structural as well as design relaunch with edition 20/2015. The magazine has slightly changed its logo as part of this redesign.
In the period of 2001-2002 Wirtschaftswoche had a circulation of 187,000 copies. For the first quarter of 2005 the circulation of the magazine was 183,156 copies, making it the best-selling weekly business publication in Germany.
- since 1971 Peter Sweerts-Sporck,
- since 1973 Claus Jacobi and Paul C. Martin,
- since 1974 Hans Zinken,
- since 1978 Karlheinz Vater, Conrad Ahlers and Horst Kerlikowski,
- since 1979 Karlheinz Vater,
- since 1984 Wolfram Baentsch,
- since 1991 Stefan Baron and Volker Wolff,
- 1995–2007 Stefan Baron,
- 2007–2014 Roland Tichy,
- 2014–2017 Miriam Meckel,
- since April 2017 Beat Balzli
- "Top 50 Finance/Business/News magazines worldwide (by circulation)" (Report). Magazine Organization. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Christina Schäffner; Uwe Wiesemann (1 January 2001). Annotated Texts for Translation: English-German : Functionalist Approaches Illustrated. Multilingual Matters. p. 102. ISBN 978-1-85359-406-9. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Handelsblatt and WiWo continue to lead the German market". Advance Media. Archived from the original on 3 February 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "World Magazine Trends 2010/2011" (PDF). FIPP. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Miriam Meckel becomes Chief Editor of Wirtschaftswoche". EFE. 10 November 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Focus Money Profile" (PDF). Media Line. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "WirtschaftsWoche" (PDF). IQ Media. 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- (in German) Official site