|Location||Los Gatos, California|
|Primary inflows||Los Gatos Creek|
|Primary outflows||Los Gatos Creek|
|Catchment area||44.2 sq mi (114 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Managing agency||Santa Clara Valley Water District|
|Surface area||57 acres (23 ha)|
|Water volume||495 acre⋅ft (611,000 m3)|
Vasona Reservoir is an artificial lake located in Los Gatos, California, United States. A 152-acre (62 ha) county park surrounds the reservoir and provides limited fishing ("catch and release"), picnicking, and informal play activities. Although swimming is not allowed, human-powered boating is permitted in the reservoir.
Albert August Vollmer, who came to the area in 1887, named the area after a pony he had had as a child.
Vasona Lake County Park
Vasona Lake County Park is one of 28 Santa Clara County Parks. The 152-acre (62 ha) park surrounds the reservoir, with Oak Meadow Park adjacent to the west. The reservoir offers fishing for black bass, crappie, catfish and bluegill.
- List of dams and reservoirs in California
- List of lakes in California
- List of lakes in the San Francisco Bay Area
- "Vasona Reservoir". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Los Gatos Creek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Listing of Jurisdictional Dams in California" (PDF). California Department of Water Resources. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Vasona Lake County Park". County of Santa Clara. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation Department. "Mercury and PCBs Found In County Reservoirs". Retrieved 2017-07-05.
... fish sampled from Anderson and Stevens Creek reservoirs-as well as from eight other reservoirs in the Bay Area-exceeded human health guidelines for methylmercury, an organic form of mercury, and for polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs, a group of industrial chemicals.
- Admin, OEHHA (2014-12-30). "Vasona Lake and Camden Ponds". OEHHA. Retrieved 2018-06-13.
"Santa Clara County Parks: Swimming Restrictions". County of Santa Clara. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
Swimming or wading is NOT permitted in County Parks.
"Boating Guidelines". Los Gatos - Saratoga Community Recreation and Education. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
Hours of Operation: Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) April 16th- October 8th, 2017 / 11:00am-6:00pm - last rental at 5:00pm ; Weekdays (Monday - Friday) May 29th - August 25th, 2017 - 11:00am-5:00pm - last rental at 4:00pm
- "Vasona Dam and Reservoir". Santa Clara Valley Water District. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Santa Clara Valley Water District: List of Reservoirs". Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Welcome to all 28 wild and wonderful parks of Santa Clara County. Parks and Recreation". County of Santa Clara. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
"Sport Fishing Licenses and Report Cards". California Department of Fish and Wildlife. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
Every person must have the appropriate report card(s) in possession while fishing; including those who are not required to have a sport fishing license, such as individuals under 16 years of age, persons fishing or diving on free fishing days, and anglers fishing from a public pier in ocean waters.
|This Santa Clara County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|