Mountain Ridge High School (Arizona)
|Mountain Ridge High School|
22800 North 67th Avenue
|School district||Deer Valley Unified School District|
|Teaching staff||97.40 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||23.83|
|Color(s)||Burgundy and Forest Green|
|Rival||Sandra Day O'Connor High School|
|Newspaper||The Ridge Review|
Mountain Ridge High School is a public high school in Glendale, Arizona, United States, a suburb of Phoenix. The school opened in fall 1995. The school had a 95% graduation rate in 2015. Mountain Ridge is part of the Deer Valley Unified School District.
- Cross Country
- Girls Volleyball
- Marching Band
- Swim & Dive
- Winter Guard
- Beach Volleyball
- Boys Volleyball
- Track & Field
- Pride of the West (Marching Band) won the 2019 Arizona Band and Orchestra Directors Association (ABODA) State Marching Band Championships
- Pride of the West won the 2019 Arizona Marching Band Association (AzMBA) Class 4A State Championships
- Lacrosse won the 2017 Division II Boys State Title.
- Mock Trial won the 2001 Arizona State Championship (National 4th place)
- Mock Trial won the 2013 Arizona State Championship
- Nate Adams (2002), motocross rider and extreme sports athlete
- Eddie Bonine (1999), former MLB pitcher for the Detroit Tigers
- Jade Carey (2018), U.S. National Gymnastics Team member, 2019 World Champion, and 2017 World Championships silver medalist
- Chris Duffy (1998), former MLB outfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Richie Incognito (2001), football player with the Buffalo Bills
- Jon McDaniel (2001), Food & Wine Magazine Sommelier of the Year 2018, Wine Enthusiast Magazine '40 Under 40 Tastemakers 2017'
- Matthew Liberatore (2018), baseball player with the St. Louis Cardinals
- Jeff Locke (2008), football punter for the San Francisco 49ers
- Parker Markel (2009), baseball player with the Seattle Mariners
- Travis Peterson (2004), professional basketball player in European leagues
- Allysa Seely (2007), paratriathlete and gold medalist at the 2016 Summer Paralympics
- Jon Weeks (2004), football player with the Houston Texans
- "Principal's Message".
- "Mountain Ridge High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "About MRHS".
- "Arizona Report Cards".
- "Glendale's Mountain Ridge Hugh School marching band celebrates big championship win". ABC15. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- "Glendale Mountain Ridge, Scottsdale Notre Dame Prep win boys lacrosse titles". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "Mountain Ridge High School Student Body".
- "Food & Wine Sommeliers of the Year 2018".
- "Wine Enthusiast '40 Under 40 Tastemakers 2017'".
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|