London Buses route 240
|Start||Golders Green station|
Mill Hill East station
Route 240 was introduced in the 1930s between Golders Green and Edgware stations and replaced the former London General Omnibus Company route 104. The only single-decker version of the LS (London Six) type bus ran on route 240.
Route 240 was retained by Metroline 18 August 2011 with Enviro 400s.
Route 240 operates via these primary locations:
- Golders Green station bus station
- Hendon The Bell
- Mill Hill East station
- Mill Hill Three Hammers Pub
- Mill Hill Broadway station
- Edgware Hale Lane
- Edgware station bus station
- Graeme Bruce, J; Curtis, Colin (1977). The London Motor Bus: Its Origins and Development. London Transport. p. 46. ISBN 0853290830.
- "Bus tender results". TFL. 23 September 2004. Retrieved 3 June 2017. Transport for London 23 September 2004
- "Bus tender results". TFL. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2007.
- "240 Bus Route". TFL. Retrieved 3 June 2017.
- Media related to London Buses route 240 at Wikimedia Commons