Kingsbridge Road station (IRT Jerome Avenue Line)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|New York City Subway station (rapid transit)|
Platform view, with Kingsbridge Armory
|Address||Kingsbridge Road & Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10468
|Locale||Kingsbridge Heights, Fordham|
|Line||IRT Jerome Avenue Line|
|Services||4 (all times)|
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: Bx9, Bx22, Bx28, Bx32|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Tracks||3 (2 in regular service)|
|Opened||June 2, 1917|
|Passengers (2018)||2,783,082 8%|
|Rank||173 out of 424|
|Next north||Bedford Park Boulevard–Lehman College: 4|
|Next south||Fordham Road: 4|
Kingsbridge Road is a rehabilitated local station on the elevated IRT Jerome Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Kingsbridge Road and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx, it is served by the 4 train at all times.
Kingsbridge Road station opened on June 2, 1917, and was the original northern terminus of the line until April 15, 1918 when the line was extended to Woodlawn.
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound local||← toward Woodlawn (Bedford Park Boulevard–Lehman College)|
|Peak-direction express||No regular service|
|Southbound local||toward Crown Heights–Utica Avenue (New Lots Avenue late nights) (Fordham Road) →|
|Side platform, doors will open on the right }|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, MetroCard machines
The station has three tracks and two side platforms. The middle track is generally not used in revenue service. It is a typical IRT elevated station. The Kingsbridge Armory rises immediately to the west of the station.
The station has a wooden mezzanine under the tracks. Exit stairs go to both northern corners of Jerome Avenue and Kingsbridge Road. There are two stairs to the northeast corner and one to the northwest.
- "Station Developers' Information". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership 2013–2018". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. July 18, 2019. Retrieved July 18, 2019.
- "Kingsbridge Road Neighborhood Map" (PDF). new.mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. April 2018. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Media related to Kingsbridge Road (IRT Jerome Avenue Line) at Wikimedia Commons
- nycsubway.org – IRT Woodlawn Line: Kingsbridge Road
- nycsubway.org — Urban Motif Artwork by Mario M. Muller (2006)
- Station Reporter — 4 Train
- The Subway Nut — Kingsbridge Road Pictures
- MTA's Arts For Transit — Kingsbridge Road (IRT Jerome Avenue Line)
- Kingsbridge Road entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Platforms from Google Maps Street View