This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Opened with the park in 1939, the 15 in (381 mm) gauge track travels in a 2,294.35-metre (7,527.4-foot) loop around the park. Diesel locomotives pull trains around the park daily during the summer months whilst steam locomotives are used for special occasions.
The park now maintains four locomotives, of which two are powered by diesel and two by steam. Blitzschwoab is the oldest of the two diesel engines, manufactured in 1950. Schwoabapfeil was manufactured in 1992. The steam engines Tazzelwurm and Springerle were delivered to the park in 1950 to replace the two that originally operated on the line until they were removed to Leipzig during World War II.
The Killesbergbahn was formerly operated by the Stuttgart Fair company and today by a promotion association.