International Tent Pegging Federation
|Sport||Tent pegging Sports|
|President||Mohammed Issa Al Fairuz|
|Vice president(s)||Malik Ata Muhammad Khan|
The International Tent Pegging Federation (ITPF, Arabic: الاتحاد الدولی لإلتقاط الأوتاد), formerly known as the World Tent Pegging Federation is the international governing body of tent pegging. The ITPF is responsible for the organisation of tent pegging's major international tournaments, notably the World Cup which commenced in 2014, and other international events.
ITPF headquarters is at Muscat, Oman.
ITPF was founded as the World Tent Pegging Federation on 21 March 2013 at the World Tent Pegging Championship held in Gurgaon (Haryana), India by the representatives from India, England, Australia, Pakistan, Oman, Iraq, USA, Canada, Egypt, Sudan, Germany, Sweden, Sri Lanka, Qatar, Kazakasthan, Jordan and Lebanon.
India through its National Federation, The Equestrian Federation of India (EFI) represented by Col. (Retd) Sarpartap Singh and major World Tent Pegging Promoter Mr. Ahmad Afsar, in consultation with Malik Atta Khan of Pakistan, pushed a meeting for all representatives of 17 countries that were participating in the World Equestrian Tent Pegging Championship in India.
This meeting marked the beginning of Unification of Tent Pegging playing countries of the world. India through its major organiser, Equiwings Sports had sustained and conducted International and Asian Equestrian Tent Pegging Championships in 2010, 2012 prior to the World event in 2013. Mr. Ahmad Afsar's first lecture for formation of Equestrian Tent Pegging Federation was recognition of the Thrilling Sport of Tent Pegging as an Olympic discipline from International Equestrian Federation (FEI) and International Olympic Committee (IOC)
At its founding, the ITPF had 29 member countries: Afghanistan, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, Germany, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Namibia, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, UK, USA, and Yemen.
The executive committee was elected on 27 October 2013 and stand for 4 years.
- President: Mohammed Issa Al Fairuz (Oman)
- Vice President:Malik Ata Muhammad Khan (Pakistan)
- General Secretary: Anees Almamary (Oman)
- Col Sarpartap Singh (India)
- Pat Vorster (South Africa)
- Talib Dhahir Al Muhairi (UAE)
- Khalid Safer Al Hajri (Qatar)
- Eng Hisham Hattab (Egypt)
- Neville Rathbone (Australia)
- Haider H Al Jumaili (Iraq)
- Mark Avison (UK)
- Akaash Maharaj (Canada)
- Rafat Abdel Rahman Bella (Sudan)
The ITPF World Cup takes place throughout the world with qualifying members leading to a final event. After the formation of the federation, the world body decided to launch its own World Cup competition. The first and the inaugural Tent Pegging World Cup was organised by the Oman Equestrian Federation (OEF) at Al Rahba Farm, Barka, Oman from March 31 to April 4, 2014. The participant countries were Pakistan, Oman, Qatar, Yemen, Iraq, Egypt, South Africa, Britain and Australia who qualified the Sudan and Pakistan qualifying events in January and February respectively.
South Africa won the event by a total of 758.5 points and clinch the enviable honour of being the first world champions. Oman got second position with 693.5 points. Sudan, who finished with 654 points, took the third place.
World Cup history
|Year||Host Nation(s)||Final Venue||Final|
|Al Rahba Farm, Muscat, Oman,
|South Africa won by 65 runs||
* The World Cup began in 2014
Representation in the FEI World Equestrian Games 2014
2014 FEI World Equestrian Games were held at Normandy, France from 23 August from 7 September by the FEI. The FEI had invited the Vice President of International Tent Pegging Federation Malik Ata Muhammad Khan with full tent pegging team to give a demonstration of tent pegging to all the equestrian players who came there from all over the world. Malik Ata taught them the basics of tent pegging, rules, methods how tent pegging is done. Haroon Bandial, Namdar Rehmat, Syed Wamiq Shah and Raja Zarrar Sajjad were part of the team.
- "Times of Oman | News :: Oman all set for International Tent Pegging Federation". timesofoman.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Official website / Detail". itpf.om. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Contacts | International Tent Pegging Federation اﻻتحاد الدولى لﻻلتقاط اﻻوتاد". worldtentpegging.com. Archived from the original on 2014-10-11. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Times of Oman | News :: Tent pegging family dreams big". timesofoman.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Times of Oman | News :: SA champions, Oman second at the Tent Pegging World Cup". timesofoman.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- FEI's 2014 WEG Page Archived 2013-04-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "Notes:Email from Malik Ata / News about event". facebook.com/PrinceMalikAta. Pakistan. 29 August 2014.
- "Geo News report / Pakistan team visit to France / Detail". Dailymotion.