Initiative Neue Soziale Marktwirtschaft
The Initiative Neue Soziale Marktwirtschaft (INSM) - New Social Free Market Initiative - is a neoliberal German think tank and advocacy organization with headquarters in Berlin that was founded in 2000 by the employers' organization Gesamtmetall. Through professional communication, the INSM tries to create a favorable climate for free-market economic reforms, and entrepreneurship, emphasizing individual responsibility and competitiveness. Known economic and political experts closely associated with the INSM and serving as "INSM-embassadors" include Roland Berger, Arend Oetker, Hans Tietmeyer, Wolfgang Clement, Paul Kirchhof, Oswald Metzger, Silvana Koch-Mehrin, and others. The "brand" INSM was created by Scholz & Friends from which the INSM still receives strategic input. INSM has partnered with print media like Wirtschaftswoche Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, Die Welt, Handelsblatt but also influences the guest choice for political talkshows; it tries to reach political audience is reached via influence on TV-series scripts, and to reach young people via content in MTV.
Climate Change Campaign
In July 2019, the organisation launched a campaign to redefine how climate change should be tackled. Their campaign is premised upon 12 so-called facts, arguing essentially that Germany is already doing its share, and that limiting temperature rise to 2 degrees Celsius will be sufficient. . These have been analysed by Volker Quaschning, focussing on the orientation of the statement toward preservation of German national industry. 
- Pühringer, Stephan; Ötsch, Walter O. (2017). "Right-wing populism and market-fundamentalism: Two mutually reinforcing threats to democracy in the 21st century - ICAE Working Paper Series" (PDF). ICAE.
- Speth, Rudolf (2004). "Die politischen Strategien der Initiative neue soziale Marktwirtschaft Arbeitspapier, No. 96" (PDF) (in German). Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Düsseldorf.
- Oppong, Marvin (2009-07-24). "Initiative Neue Soziale Marktwirtschaft: Lobbyisten auf Sendung". taz.de (in German). Retrieved 2019-07-15.
- "Was ist eigentlich "neo-liberal"?" (PDF) (in German).
- "INSM und Marienhof – Eine kritische Bewertung" (PDF) (in German). lobbycontrol. 2005.
- "12 Fakten zur Klimapolitik Fortschritt, Wachstum und Klimaschutz gehören zusammen" (in German). INSM. 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-08-01.
- "Faktencheck der "12 Fakten zum Klimaschutz" der Initiative Neue Soziale Marktwirtschaft INSM" (in German). Volker Quaschning. 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-08-01.
- http://www.insm.de/ Home page