HaHotrim entrance sign
HaHotrim (Hebrew: הַחוֹתְרִים, lit. The Rowers) is a kibbutz in northern Israel. Located near Tirat Carmel, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hof HaCarmel Regional Council. In 2017 it had a population of 790.
The beginnings of the kibbutz were in December 1941, with the formation of a work company near Kiryat Haim by Jewish refugees from Czechoslovakia and Germany. The kibbutz was established in 1952 on the land of a depopulated Palestinian village named al-Tira.
- "Localities File" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- Founders of HaHotrim HaHotrim (in Hebrew)
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, p. 198, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. p. xx. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HaHotrim.|
- Official website (in Hebrew)