Nestea European Championship Tour
This article needs to be updated.December 2018)(
|Nestea European Championship Tour|
|Full name||Beach Volleyball Nestea European Championship Tour|
|Date span||April 17–20 to September 19–21 (2008)|
|Tournaments||(Men & Women)|
|Number of tours||6 (29 tournaments)|
(7 wins) 2005–2008
(5 wins) 2006–2007
|Women, most wins||
(8 wins) 2004–2008
|Men, most wins||
(7 wins) 2004–2007
|Infobox last updated on: September 5, 2008|
The Nestea European Championship Tour (or the European Beach Volleyball Tour) is a European beach volleyball tour organised by the European Volleyball Confederation (CEV). It is the highest ranked European series of beach volleyball tournaments.
The European Tour consists of Satellite and Masters events, culminating with the European Beach Volleyball Championships. From the 2018 season onwards, the Satellite and Masters events have been merged into the FIVB World Tour, but are still organised by the CEV.
Challenger and Satellite
The Challenger and Satellite events are a series of grassroots tournaments that serve as a developmental circuit for the FIVB World Tour. These tournaments award less prize money (€4,000–15,000) and FIVB ranking points than Masters events. The Challenger and Satellite circuit was previously organised by the FIVB, who handed over the organising of these events to the continental volleyball confederations in 2009.
Medal table by country
Medal table as of September 3, 2008. This includes the results of every tournament, since the tour began in 2003.
- European Championship Tour 2004, European Volleyball Federation (CEV), 3 May 2004
- History, European Championship Tour
- "CEV releases tentative calendar for another record-breaking beach volleyball season". Fédération Internationale de Volleyball. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "New FIVB-CEV joint venture incorporates European circuit in World Tour". Fédération Internationale de Volleyball. 26 February 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "FIVB Beach Volleyball Events ... from the World Championships to the grass roots: Challenger and Satellite Events" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Volleyball. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "CEV set to stage Challenger and Satellite events for the first time ever". Volleyball.it. 5 May 2009. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "2017 CEV Beach Volleyball Satellites" (PDF). European Volleyball Confederation. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour: 2017 Media Guide" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Volleyball. p. 67. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "2017 CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship" (PDF). European Volleyball Confederation. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
|This article relating to the sport of volleyball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|