Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules
The CMSB – Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules – was created (on 21 December 1985 in Monaco) by three international boules organizations
- CBI Confederazione Boccistica Internazionale (bocce)
- FIB Fédération Internationale de Boules (Sport-boules)
- FIPJP Fédération Internationale de Pétanque et Jeu Provençal (pétanque and jeu provençal)
Boules and the CMSB were granted consideration for entry to the Olympic Games on 15 October,[year needed] but have never been granted the status of an official Olympic sport. Nevertheless, every year the CMSB continues to re-present its application.
The CMSB is a sports federation recognized by the following confederations.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of the IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- "IOC Reviews Sporting Programme for Future Games of the Olympiad". olympic.org. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- History of the FIPJP Archived 10 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine at the FIPJP web site.
- "SportAccord – Members". sportaccord.com. Archived from the original on 7 May 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2012.