14th Street station (IRT Third Avenue Line)
|Former New York City Subway station|
Looking west at 14th Street Station
|Address||East 14th Street and 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10003
|Services||IRT Third Avenue Line|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
(1 – upper level)
(2 – lower level)
|Opened||August 26, 1878|
|Closed||May 12, 1955|
|Next north||18th Street|
|Next south||Ninth Street|
14th Street was a local station on New York's demolished IRT Third Avenue Line. It had two levels. The lower level was served by local trains and had two tracks and two side platforms. It was built first. The upper level was built as part of the Dual Contracts and had one track that bypassed the station and served express trains. In 1924, the Brooklyn–Manhattan Transit Corporation built the 14th Street-Eastern District Line Subway below the station, which included the Third Avenue subway station. Although this station was located above the Third Avenue BMT subway station on what is today known as the BMT Canarsie Line, the two stations were never connected. This station closed on May 12, 1955, with the ending of all service on the Third Avenue El south of 149th Street.
- "3rd Avenue El". nycsubway.org. Archived from the original on 27 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "Third Avenue Local". Station Reporter. Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
|This Manhattan train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|