14 Beaufort Square, Chepstow
|14 Beaufort Square, Chepstow|
|Built||Medieval origins, most C.19th|
|Governing body||Privately owned|
|Official name: 14 Beaufort Square, Chepstow|
|Designated||12 June 1950|
The origin of the building is medieval. Its basement, which also runs under No.13, Raglan Lodge, has a vaulted medieval roof which may have been the roof of a 14th-century moot hall. The building above the basement is 19th century. In the 20th and 21st centuries, No.14, which is also known as Richmond House, has been used predominantly for commercial purposes and the building currently houses a tattoo parlour on the ground floor and commercial offices and flats above.
Architecture and description
The house is of three storeys, with an attic and basement. The building is in a Regency style, of a similar date to the adjoining Raglan Lodge. A balcony originally on the first floor has been removed. The roof of the medieval basement incorporates "two carved stone heads". The house is Grade II* listed.
- "Listed Buildings - Full Report - HeritageBill Cadw Assets - Reports". cadwpublic-api.azurewebsites.net.
- "Check out this commercial property on Rightmove!". Rightmove.co.uk.